Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The small stuff...

The foot holders and the removable carbon fiber tool bag...

This is the rough carbon fiber tool bag -- after some sanding.  It fits well.  I will add some Velcro to hold it in place.   Hopefully it is large enough to hold an extra tube and a few tools.  I will split it into two parts with a 3" air cut-off tool.  The cut-off tool will breeze through the carbon fiber like butter.  BTW, I wear a respirator whenever I sand or cut carbon fiber. As well I have a ShopVac running normally to suck in the dust.   The carbon fiber dust is considered dangerous from what I have read.


Here is one of the foot-holders after applying an extra coat of epoxy, applying 50, 300, 600 and 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and rubbing on some wax...  It is not perfect, but I can live with it without losing sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment