Monday, January 7, 2013

Base & Fork

The base is nearly complete.  There is still some work to finish on the neck of the base as well on the inside of the wheel wells.  I coupled the base and the fork with the headset bearings and steerer tube.  I probably should have given a bit more space (another 1 or 2 mm) between the fork and base to accommodate the turning of the fork.  Everything fits together though.  

When I finish it, I will lock in the steerer tube into place with cam-type of headset cap on both the top and bottom of the steerer tube.  I designed fork to be able to be easily remove and replace it in case I travel by air. It only takes a few minutes to decouple and re-couple the fork to the base.  

Here are the pictures:





Top View


Right/Rear

Top Front

No comments:

Post a Comment